- JSTOR's collection of public health journals are freely accessible. These titles are discoverable in our Omni catalogue.
- Several of JSTOR's archive, thematic, and primary source collections are now available to us, some of which we already had access to: Archive Journal Collections (Arts & Sciences I-XV, Business IV, Ecology & Botany II, Hebrew Journals, Ireland, Jewish Studies, and Life Sciences), Thematic Collections (Lives of Literature, Security Studies, and Sustainability), and Primary Source Collections (19th Century British Pamphlets, World Heritage Sites: Africa, Struggles for Freedom: Southern Africa, Global Plants). The titles in this collections are discoverable in our Omni catalogue.
- JSTOR made tens of thousands of ebooks available until Monday, August 31, 2020. (Go to JSTOR's page Expanded access to ebooks for more information.) These titles could have been found through the JSTOR platform through this resource page and in our Omni catalogue until the August 31.
- Current and back issues of journals in arts and sciences.
- Authorized users:
- Mobile support:
- Resource type:
- Business resource type:
- Accessibility statement:
- Database interface:
- Usage rights:
JSTOR Archive Collections:
Ithaka is a not-for-profit organization which provides electronic access to many journals (many of which date back to the 1800s), primary sources, and electronic books on its JSTOR platform.
Content can be browsed by subject, title, and publisher. There is also a basic keyword search, and an advanced search function that allows combining multiple fields with Boolean operators, and limiting to content available to your institution, item type, date range, language, and discipline.
Laurier Library subscribes primarily to backfiles or archives of these journals so the most recent few years of articles are not typically not available. Here's the list of the archive collections available to us:
- Arts & Sciences I Collection
- Arts & Sciences II Collection
- Arts & Sciences III Collection
- Arts & Sciences IV Collection
- Arts & Sciences V Collection
- Arts & Sciences VI Collection
- Arts & Sciences VII Collection
- Arts & Sciences VIII Collection
- Arts & Sciences IX Collection
- Arts & Sciences X Collection
- Arts & Sciences XI Collection
- Business I Collection (part of some of the Arts & Sciences Collections above)
- Business II Collection (part of some of the Arts & Sciences Collections above)
- Business III Collection
- Life Sciences Collection
We also subscribe to several individual journals for which current content is included. The JSTOR platform allows you to search for journal and book content you do not have full text access to.
- Subjects covered:
- Business Technology Management
- Cultural Analysis and Social Theory
- Film Studies
- Global Studies
- Medieval Studies
- Religion and Culture
- Subject guides:
COVID-19 Access: JSTOR has expanded access to their content in many ways, continuing through Thursday, December 31, 2020. For more details, read JSTOR's news article about expanded access. This access includes: