Welcome to the Library Makerspace
About the Library Makerspace
The Library Makerspace physical space is temporarily closed from June 27, 2022 to July 8, 2022 inclusive.
We will reopen July 11, 2022 for our regular hours of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am to 12 noon, and 1 pm to 4pm.
A Facebook group has been set up for sharing projects and connecting with other makers.
If you'd like to consult on a maker project, finding community maker resources, or just ask a question, email Darin White
- Darin White, email email@example.com or send Darin an email by online form
- Physical space: Library, main floor, Waterloo campus
- Online space: Library Makerspace on Facebook
What we do
The Laurier Library Makerspace is a group of people who keenly make things while learning and teaching hands-on skills across a wide variety of disciplines. Join us! We are keeping the effort going through the pandemic, staying connected, meeting up and teaching and inventing workshops.
This is your makerspace. We are most interested in helping makers make the things they want to make. We’re always happy to welcome newcomers with project ideas, works-in-progress or prospective makers who are just curious to learn a new skill.
Creative student volunteers from many different Laurier programs and groups animate the makerspace, supported by library staff member Darin White. Contact Darin with questions, aspirations, consultations around making and creating.
Connect with us
- Email Darin at firstname.lastname@example.org or send Darin an email by an online form
- Join and contribute to the Lauier Library Makerspace Facebook group where our makers are posting about their
- Maker Monday drop-in every week 1-4pm: drop by our space, ask questions, show off a project or just say hello.
Areas of focus
- 3D design and printing
- 2D vinyl/paper die cutting
- photography & video creation and editing
- Intro video editing with Davinci Resolve
- 3D design and printing (all activity and steps except actual printing)
- Photo editing with Lightroom Mobile