Search Omni for both print and electronic books.
- Scholars Portal Books
- Search and read tens of thousands of books from scholarly presses, Canadian presses and governmental organizations. Click on "full text" to access the books Laurier has purchased or licensed.
- University Press Scholarship Online
- A growing collection of eBooks from mutliple scholarly publishers, including Oxford University Press, Edinburgh University Press and Fordham University Press. Search by author, title, full text, abstract, keyword, subject, publication date.
- Cambridge Histories
- The 250 volumes of Cambridge Histories cover 15 general subjects including British and American history, Music, Philosophy, History of the Book, Political and Social Theory, Religious Studies and Warfare.
- Colloquium Digital Library of Life Sciences
- Collection of eBooks covering topics such as cell and molecular biology and bio-medicine, including the neurosciences.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library
- Research reports on public policy, economics and management.
- NBER (National Bureau of Economic Research) Working Papers Online
- Accesses NBER working papers in PDF format. These papers have not yet been through a review process. Note: these items are not listed in the Primo catalogue.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Previously known as NetLibrary, this is a web-based collection of more than 6000 full-text electronic books on a wide range of subjects. The books can be accessed by one user at a time, searched by author, title, subject or full text.
- PsycBOOKS 1806 to present
- Full-text books and book chapters from the American Psychological Association.
- Springer Books via Springerlink 2005-
- More than 12,000 titles in all subject areas from 2005 to 2010, with an additional 5,000 books from earlier years.
Open access free eBooks
- Thousands of poems, novels, plays and other works in the public domain.
- Digital Book Index
- Thousands of full-text books in Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences. Most are freely available.
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Academic, peer reviewed books in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Electronic Text Center
- Full-text works in the Humanities, created using SGML and XML standards by the University of Virginia.
- Google Book Search
- Full-text works in the public domain and page views for many other books.
- Hathi Trust
- Growing collection of digitized texts from a consortium of American research universities.
- Internet Archive: eBooks and Texts
- More than two million freely available books, including novels, historical texts and academic titles.
- National Academies Press, The
- Over 4,000 free PDF ebooks in science, engineering and medicine.
- Oxford Text Archive
- Humanities texts in more than 25 languages. Most are freely available.
- Project Gutenberg
- Thousands of free electronic books. Focuses on literary works in the public domain in the U.S.
- For help, see
- Finding eBooks
- Using Ebrary eBooks
- Using Scholars Portal eBooks
- Printing from eBooks
- eBooks and mobile devices
Full-text encyclopedias for all the social sciences.
Selection of reference works in the sciences and social sciences.
A collection of online dictionaries and encyclopedias on a wide variety of topics.
More Resources: check the tabs for Encyclopedias and Dictionaries on individual subject pages.
Summary: Information about and reviews of English-language standardized tests.
Mental Measurements Yearbook, produced by the Buros Institute, contains full-text information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas as included in the printed Mental Measurements Yearbooks.
For each test, the database provides the name of the test author, publication information, scoring information, and the number of the Mental Measurements Yearbook in which the test was originally described. The full text for each record includes an overview of the test, a description of the test materials and time needed, and one or more reviews of the test.
The database can be used by professionals such as counselors, guidance workers, psychologists, personnel directors, and educators.
Also available in print from 1938. See TRELLIS for details.
- Addiction Search. A directory of links, including news, types of addictions, statistics, populations, treatment, prevention, and organizations. Maintained by a clinical psychologist.
- American Psychological Association. Contains resources, links and information for students in psychology, professional psychologists and the general public.
- Community Psychology Network-Campus Center. Guide to resources in community psychology, including discussion lists, professional societies, graduate schools, funding sources and suggested reading material.
- Encyclopedia of Psychology. Links to psychology sites on the Web divided into various categories such as Environment Behavior Relationships, People and History, and Paradigms and Theories. Also includes links to psychological organizations and publications and a section on careers in the field of psychology. From the Department of Psychology, Jacksonville (Alabama) State University.
- ETS Test Collection. Provides background on standardized tests and research instruments. Includes ordering information.
- Psych Central: Dr. John Grohol's Mental Health Page. Well organized and annotated collection of resources.
- PsycSite: Science of Psychology Resources for students and professionals. Includes lists of professionals who will answer questions relating to their specialties.
- Psych Web List of Scholarly Psychology Resources. Includes links to on-line journals and Psychology departments around the world.
- Personality Project. Guide to resources in personality theory. Includes links to both academic and nonacademic Web pages, to psychological organizations, and to sites of interest to students.
- Psychological Societies on the Internet
- Psychology Tutorials. Hypertext tutorials from around the world.
- Social Psychology Network. Contains links to thousands of social psychological and psychology-related resources.