- Lesson plans and supplemental resources concerning Ontario 2015 curriculum (grades 1-8) expectations.
- Authorized users:
- Mobile support:
- Resource type:
- Accessibility statement:
- Accessibility & Accommodation
- Database interface:
From the Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (Ophea), this resource provides ready-to-use lesson plans by grade, student templates and assessment tools. The section called Teaching Tools is further sub-divided into "Lesson Plans", "Supplements" & "Activities". As in the curriculum, activities that address living skills are integrated throughout. With the release of the 2019 Elementary health and physical education curriculum, Ophea will deliver new tools as they become available.
Laurier Library has provided access to this resource since 2012 through an OCUL deal along with the H&PE Secondary Resources. In July 2022, the platform changed to requiring personal free user accounts.
- Subjects covered:
- Subject guides:
- Alternate titles:
- Health and Physical Education Curriculum Resources
- H&PE Curriculum Resources
- Health and Physical Education Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8
- Ophea Health and Physical Education Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8
- Health & Physical Education Elementary Resources
- Ophea: H&PE Elementary Resources
Access: "Log in" at the top right of the page with your personal account. If you haven't created an account yet, go through this same link and select "Create new acccount" and use your Laurier email address (ending in @wlu.ca or @mylaurier.ca).
Interface change: All Ophea resources moved to a new website as of July 20, 2022. Before this change happened, access to this resource was available on campus or through signing in with your Laurier username and password. This is no longer possible. See above. Please contact the Library if you have any questions.
Privacy: In your personal Ophea account, you can disable user tracking under settings. It's enabled by default.