- Full text of UK members’ debates, 1803 to the present. Includes both the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- Authorized users:
- Mobile support:
- Resource type:
- 18 May 2010 - present
Hansard is a record of what's said in the UK Parliament (repetitions and obvious mistakes removed) available both in print and online. This includes proceedings in the Commons Chamber and Westminster Hall (Commons Hansard) plus those in the Lords Chamber and Grand Committee (Lords Hansard).
The basic keyword search function leads to results divided into categories -- Members, Debate Titles, Spoken References, Written Statements, Ministerial Corrections, Petitions, Divisions, and Committees -- and the results can be filtered by Commons or Lords, and date range. You may also browse by sittings by date, debates by title, divisions by date, MPs or Peers by name (current or former). There are also links to the House of Commons and House of Lords Hansard archives' sites.
This is a freely available resource.
- Subjects covered:
- Global Governance
- Government Information
- International Public Policy
- Alternate titles:
- House of Commons Hansard (UK)
- House of Lords Hansard (UK)
- Official Report of all parliamentary debates, The (UK)