Alumni are welcome to come to the library to borrow books and use resources and services. From the public PCs on the second and third floors, you may access most of our electronic resources. You may also connect to selected electronic resources from off campus.
- obtain an alumni card
- register your alumni card with the Library for no charge
- renew your card every five years by registering again
- report lost cards to the library.
Questions about library services for alumni? Contact us
Need help using the library? Ask questions by phone, e-mail, online chat or appointment.
Your Library space
- Locations list (find parking, hours, floor plans)
- Borrowing and requesting materials
- Laurier Archives
- Computers in the library
- Microform (microfiche and microfilm)
- Printing, copying and scanning
Your Library online
Alumni borrowers are welcome to use most of Laurier's databases in the library building. While most databases are not available to alumni from off campus due to licensing restrictions, alumni may access the resources listed in the categories below. Note that you will need to register first.
- Omni library catalogue (Not all eBooks or online resources available to alumni. See the link below for available collections)
- Available online resources
Archives digital collections
A portion of the Laurier Archives’ collection has been digitized and made available online. For more information about using the online tools, or to inquire about print collections, please contact the Archives. We’re happy to help.
Digital Collections: A searchable database of over 11,000 photos and documents from Laurier’s history
Cord Archives: Back issues of the student newspaper, The Cord, from 1926 to 2011. The full text of issues are keyword searchable. This is an ongoing project and issues are still being added. Please contact Archives for assistance.
Laurier Archives videos: Three short videos about Laurier history available on YouTube. The videos are on the history of the Golden Hawk and athletics; Shinerama; and Winter Carnival.