Printing, copying and scanning
Printing, copying and scanning is available at the Xerox multi-function units on the 2nd-6th floors of the library at the Waterloo campus and in the library at the Kitchener campus.
Waterloo and Kitchener campus
To add funds to your Laurier PaperCut account
- Go to printme.wlu.ca
- Log in using your Laurier Network ID and password. (eg. John1234 and password)
- Select “Add Credit using Credit Card” from the options on the left side of the page. Minimum amount that can be added to PaperCut using a credit card is $2.00
- Convenience dollars from your One Card may also be transferred to your PaperCut account.
- Your PaperCut account will be updated immediately.
Standard printing (black & white or colour)
Printing from Library Computers requires money on your PaperCut account.
- From a library computer, open document (eg. essay, email, online article, Powerpoint). You must be logged in to the network.
- Select Print
- Printer defaults to ”Waterloo/Kitchener BW” or choose “Waterloo/Kitchener Colour” for colour printing. If default printer does not show up in list, see work around instructions below.
- Send. Print job will be held in a queue until it is released.
- Go to any Xerox multi-function unit in the library.
- Release your print job by swiping your Laurier OneCard, choosing "Print Release", and then following the prompts
- Note: Your OneCard is used as an identifier only and not for payment.
- Payment will be taken from your PaperCut account (10 cents b&w, 40 cents for colour)
Printing from Laptop or Wireless Device or from Library computers when Xerox printer doesn't show up in default list
Use Web Print to print (PDFs only)
- Save your document as a PDF
- Sign on to printme.wlu.ca with your network login and password
- Select Web Print
- Select Submit a Job
- Choose your printer (Waterloo/Kitchener BW or Waterloo/Kitchener Colour)
- Go to "2. Print Options..."
- Select number of copies
- Go to "3. Upload Document"
- Drag or upload the PDF file
- Then select "Upload and Complete"
*Note: 'Held in queue' means the document is held at any Library Xerox machine until you release it by swiping your OneCard. There is no need to select another printer after you upload the document.
11. Go to any Library Xerox machine. Release the print job by swiping your OneCard.
Photocopying requires money on your PaperCut account.
- To activate Xerox machine press “Energy Saver” button
- Swipe OneCard to connect to Network and Papercut
- Touch ‘Access Device’ button (Papercut balance will display)
- Touch ‘Copy’ option
- Select options (b&w, colour, 2-sided etc.)
- Use number pad for number of copies
- Press large green ‘Start’ button to make copies
- Copies come out under display screen
- Log out when you are finished.
- Note: Your OneCard is used as an identifier only and not for payment. Payment will be taken from your PaperCut account (10 cents b&w, 40 cents for colour)
Scanning to Email
There is no cost for scanning
- To activate Xerox machine press ‘Energy Saver’ button (not necessary if machine is already active)
- Swipe OneCard to connect to Network and PaperCut
- Touch 'Scan'
- Place document on glass or in top feeder
- Press 'Start'
- Press 'Scan next page' for multiple page
- Press 'Finish' when document is complete
- Logout when finished
Note: Your OneCard is used as an identifier only and not for payment.
Printing and scanning from USB functionality is not offered.
For a wide range of copy services, visit the Hub in the Concourse: phone 519-884-0710, x3624.
Requests for refunds may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org