The Laurier Waterloo Library provides group study rooms for collaborative study and research. The rooms on the 4th-7th floors can be booked online up to one week in advance. Any Laurier student can book a room once a day for up to 2 hours. The rooms can accommodate between 3-8 students. Thanks to a gift from WLUSU's student life levy, rooms are equipped with wall mounted monitors and users may connect their own laptops.
No keys are required, simply show up at the room at the time of your booking. Note: Rooms not claimed within fifteen minutes of scheduled booking time will become available for other groups to use.
- Minimum of three users is required for group study rooms
- Rooms will not be reserved for regular credit classes or tutorials
- Please remove all personal belongings or library material from the room before leaving
- The Library is not responsible for lost property
- Please report any damage or disorder of furniture or fixtures to the Service desk
- Rooms are strictly for academic use; even your laughter should be academic in nature ;)
- Please be considerate, keep the rooms clean and tidy
- A group study room is available in the Brantford Digital Library and Learning Commons (lower floor, Grand River Hall). It holds up to 6 people, contains a Smart Board projector, and is available for online booking.
- Two rooms in the Brantford Public Library (one on the 1st floor, one on the 3rd floor) are available for booking. Phone the library or book the rooms at the 1st or 3rd floor reference desks). Maximum capacity is 4 in the lower level study rooms and 8 in the 3rd floor study room.
- Note that the rooms in the Brantford Public Library are available to Brantford community members as well as Laurier users.
- One room is available for quiet study or small group work
- Book at the Social Work Library desk or call 519-884-0710 x5256
- Room is available when the Library is open, except when the Social Work Librarian has office hours