The Library's new Books to Go service is now providing access to limited print collections.
Books to Go Service
As part of phased re-opening of services, the Library will be providing access to our print and physical collections through the use of contactless delivery by van (the ‘Bookmobile’) to pre-determined pick up locations for each campus. The Books to Go service is being made available to all Laurier faculty, students (graduate and undergraduate) and staff.
Books to Go Service Highlights:
- Requests can now be placed in Omni
- Users select a campus pick up location at time of request
- First delivery will happen on July 23
- Items requested for Brantford pick up will be delivered by our service partner the Brantford Public Library (BPL) through their curbside pick up process
- Full details of the service can be found on the Books to Go service page
Item Pick-up Schedules and Locations:
- Waterloo: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00am-11:00am
- Kitchener: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm
- Brantford: by appointment (you will be contacted to set up appointment)
For more information on pick-up locations, see the Library’s Books to Go service page
What materials can be requested?
- All regularly circulating books and materials from Waterloo and Faculty of Social Work Libraries and items located at Brantford (housed at BPL)
- For full list of what’s covered and what’s not, see the Books to Go's Frequent Asked Questions page
- Users make requests in Omni
- You will receive an email notification from with information about your pick up
- Items will normally be available next scheduled pick up day (you will receive an email notice to verify that your item is ready for next available pick up day)
- Library will ensure accessible needs are met. Please contact the Library if you have questions about accessibility needs
What happens on the designated pick up day?
- Line up markings will be provided to ensure social distancing of driver and users
- Distribution of items will take place using a table at an appropriate distance to the rear of the van
- Users will provide their name to self-identify and receive their package
- For additional information: Books to Go services page
- For Waterloo campus - the Library’s Return Bins on Waterloo campus (inside main entrance doors) will be open again to accept returns starting July 23
- For Brantford campus – Returns can be delivered to BPL main branch
- For Kitchener campus – Returns may be made with the Books to Go driver during designated pick-up times
Health & Safety
Please know that we are working in collaboration with campus partners to put the necessary measures in place to ensure the health and safety of both users of the Books to Go service and our staff. When using the pick-up service, please maintain physical distancing and follow instructions and signage carefully. Additional details and answers about the Library’s Books to Go service can be found on the Books to Go's Frequent Asked Questions page.