Notice of temporary disruption
Due to the province-wide shutdown, the following bookable study space for students is not currently available.
Laurier Library is now providing appointments for bookable study space for students at our Waterloo campus library. This service is currently only available for Laurier students. The Library has 35 study spaces available on a rotating half-day basis, including:
- 23 individual study tables
- 12 computer carrels
How to book a space?
Book your appointment for study space online through the University’s Eventbrite system.
Study space appointment booking times are available in 3-hour time blocks (1 user per block) as follows:
Monday to Friday:
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (morning time slot)
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 p.m. (no bookings - closed for cleaning break)
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm (afternoon time slot)
You will be required to check in at the User Services desk and show:
- Your OneCard
- Proof of your Eventbrite registration received in your email (either on your phone or by print out)
- SafeHawk Self-Assessment app showing a green ‘pass’ badge*
*All students must follow the University’s SafeHawk Self-Assessment app to access campus services. For additional information on getting the app and how to use it, see the COVID-19 Self-Assessment on the SAFEHawk page.
What to expect
After registering at the User Services desk, you will be assigned a specific table and given directions as to the location.
All users must follow the University’s health and safety guidelines for study spaces:
- All people within the study space must wear Personal Protective Equipment, specifically a face covering that covers the nose and mouth, at all times
- All students must check-in with Study Space Host upon entry or exit to the study space
- Please leave furniture in its original location
- Students will be asked to lightly clean their study space table before and after studying with provided materials
- Students will be asked to remain at their assigned study table for the duration of their study period
- Please leave at the end of your reserved study period
- Two public printer/photocopiers will be available for use
- Self-serve printing will be available using PaperCut software (details here: Self-Serve Printing, Copying and Scanning)
Food and Drink Policy
- No food is allowed in the Library
- Drinks are permitted
- Library study space is intended to be for quiet study only
- Expectations for student behaviour are the same as the Library’s ‘Silent Seven’ floor policy
During your assigned study time, you can leave the building, but will be required to re-scan your card when you come back in.