- Finding market trends using Passport GMID
- Finding consumer buying behaviour using Business Source Complete
- Finding industry “environmental factors” using Marketline Advantage
- Finding socioeconomic data using Statistics Canada
- Additional marketing resources
Finding market trends using Passport GMID
- Connect to Passport GMID. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Search for “computers” or “telecommunications” or other relevant keywords in the search bar at the top right hand corner of the page.
- Select “Filter Analysis” and scroll down to “By Geography” and choose Canada to narrow your results. See related Analysis Reports.
Finding consumer buying behaviour using Business Source Complete
- Connect to Business Source Complete.
- Complete a Boolean search for “apps” AND “consumer behavio*r”. Click the question mark icon for additional searching tips.
- If you get too many results, narrow your search by publication date, source type, or geography. These filters are found at the left-hand side of the page.
- Scan your results for relevant articles, including an article entitled: “Mobile app providers need to focus on retention strategies to ensure relevance in the marketplace” for information on the buying behaviour of mobile app users.
Finding industry “environmental factors” using Marketline Advantage
- Connect to Marketline Advantage.
- Waive your cursor over “Industries” and select “Technology and Services”.
- In the right-hand toolbar, refine your results by sub-industry and by geography.
- Select a report and note the Table of Contents on the right-hand side for relevant information, including the “Five Forces Analysis” section for environmental factors.
Finding socioeconomic data using Statistics Canada
- Connect to Statistics Canada.
- Select “Browse by key resource” and then “CANSIM”.
- Scroll down the page and browse CANSIM by “Subject”. Select “Information and communications technology”.
- Select a subtopic, then a table number for a relevant dataset.
Additional marketing resources
A UK based online portal that offers a number of online resources including reports and articles related to market research. Includes global coverage but with a strong emphasis on Europe. To locate market research articles and reports see the left-hand menu and select “Market Research Findings”, then scroll down and select "Information Technology". *Note the other relevant industry sectors.