The Digital Studio is the smaller glass-walled area on the 2nd floor of the Waterloo Campus Library. Equipment is available for self-serve use during the Library’s regular operating hours, unless the equipment has been previously reserved. The Digital Studio can be used for document scanning (including OCR), digital audio, video and image creation and editing, creating screen capture videos, how-to demos, scenarios and simulations, creating pdf files.
The Digital Studio is available to Laurier faculty, students and staff, except for two quick scanning stations available to anyone. Others should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange use.
The Digital Studio was generously supported by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada in honour of Bob Astley, Wilfrid Laurier University Board of Governors, 1990-1992. Thanks also to the Student Life Levy and the Special Initiatives Fund for assistance in equipping the Digital Studio.
Scanners and computers
- Scanning software (specific to scanner)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
- Acrobat Pro 9
- ABBYY Finereader (OCR)
- MS Office 2007
- Kurzweil 3000
- Internet Explorer
- CD, DVD burning software
Note: The Microtek (the larger scanner) only has scanning software installed.
The Digital Studio is available to Laurier faculty, students and staff, except for two quick scanning stations available to anyone. Other patrons should contact email@example.com to arrange use.
Scanners and computers
- Can be reserved up to one week in advance by using our booking system.
- Bookings are cancelled if not claimed within 15 minutes of starting time.
- Available for walk-in use if not reserved.
- Log in using your Laurier Network Login username and password. Work must be saved on your I: drive or portable storage media. Work saved on Digital Studio computers is automatically erased when computers are restarted.
- Print from Digital Studio computers by following instructions for wireless printing.
- Portable equipment (camcorder, camera, voice recorder, tripod) is available for 7 day loan.
- All items are kept at the Service Desk and are available on a first come, first served basis.
It is illegal to scan text or images that you have not created yourself unless you have the express written consent of the copyright owner or unless it is covered by Wilfrid Laurier University's agreement with Access Copyright. The person scanning the text or image is responsible for obtaining, in writing, any required permissions.
It is also illegal to make copies of any digital files (audio compact discs, software, etc.) without the express written consent of the copyright owner. The person making copies is responsible for obtaining, in writing, any required permissions.
Anyone using this facility for illegal purposes will be removed and will be refused future access.