- Pics4Learning.com is a safe, free image library for education. Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos and images for classrooms, multimedia projects, web sites, videos, portfolios, or any other project in an educational setting.
- morgueFile Free images for your inspiration, reference and use in your creative work, be it commercial or not! It's also easy to add your own photos to the morgueFile. So, give back because this archive is for creatives by creatives.
- Flickr Creative Commons Images Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license, and you can browse or search through content under each type of license. What is Creative Commons licensing?
- Virtual Picture Album is a computer archive of digitized photographs and drawings, accompanied by useful descriptions and suggestions for ways to incorporate these pictures into various in-class and out-of-class activities. There is even a small collection of sample exercises using pictures from the VPA, which you can use as is or modify for your own purposes.
- EduPic is a teacher designed free image resource for teachers.
- Wylio offers free image searching. You are limited to 5 pictures a month for the free version.
- ookaboo Looking for free pictures of places, people, animals, and other things? Stop and explore Ookaboo, a collection of free images organized around precisely defined concepts.
- NASA ImagesOpen Photo is a high-quality photo sharing platform created in 1998. Our primary audience are artists, developers, teachers and students . OpenPhoto contributors offer their images for free under terms of Creative Commons licensing.
- Wikimedia has public domain and “freely-licensed media files.
Music, Audio & Sounds
- Kevin Macleod great movie music that’s easily searchable by mood and style. See his page on how to give him credit for his music.
- JewelBeat Some free music selections, but you must link back to their website for credit.
- Purple Planet
- Dig CC Mixer is devoted to helping you find that great music, all of which is liberally licensed under a Creative Commons license so you already have permission to use this music in your video, podcast, school project, personal music player, or where ever… We even have several 1,000 tracks that already have permission to use in commercial projects for free.
- Archive.org is an online public library of live recordings available for royalty-free, no-cost public downloads. We only host material by trade-friendly artists: those who like the idea of noncommercial distribution of some or all of their live material. Live recordings are a part of our culture and might be lost in 100 years if they're not archived. We think music matters and want to preserve it for future generations.
- Dano Songs
- Virtual Audio-Video Archive offers free sound and audio that can be used for educational purposes.
- Absolute Sound Effects Archive
- Free Sound Project
- incompetech Royalty-free music files.
- Freesound browse sounds in new ways using keywords or a "sounds-like" type of browsing -offers creative commons licensing.
Movies & Video
- Archive.org (search for moving images)
- Public Domain Flicks
- NASA Images contains everything from classic photos to educational programming and HD video, and is growing all the time as we continue to gain both new and archived media from all of NASA's centers. We hope to promote education and facilitate scholarship in the math and sciences at all levels, and to build general interest and excitement around space exploration, aeronautics, and astronomy.