Basic country research
Europa World Online
- Covers political and economic information and selected data on countries and organizations worldwide. Select a country from the drop-down menu and hit "Go".
- Offers country analysis, country briefings, country risk guides. From main page, click "Search by Content Type", then under "People, Places and Things", select the "Country Information". Type in country name in search box. Click on "Advanced Options" and select same country from the drop-down menu, specify date and select the sources you want to search then click "Apply". Click "Search".
CIA's World Factbook
- The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency provides country-specific information, including country profiles and select data.
Current News sources
- 1969 to present, depending on publication. Please log out when finished. Full-text news articles, business information and journal articles from almost 9000 worldwide sources.
- Full-text documents for international news, business, law, medicine and reference.
Facts on File
- 1940 to present. Brief, full-text articles for general news, biographical and statistical information.
Keesing's Contemporary Archives
- 1931 to present. Provides summaries of world events derived from more than 1,000 daily news reports.
More archives and resources available on our News Articles page
Advanced country research (risk, cultural intelligence, etc.)
- Select the "Publications" tab, and search for "Oxford Analytica Country Profiles".
International Monetary Fund: Country Information
- Select a country from the alphabetical listing.
Country and Regional Information
- Canada. Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- UK. Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Country risk research:
- On the search page, click on the "Source" field, search for "Economist Intelligence Unit" (EIU), then select "EIU - Risk Briefing". Select country of interest under the "Regions" field. Once country and source are chosen, click "Search".
- From main page, click "Search by Content Type", then under "People, Places and Things", select the "Country Information". Type in country name in search box. Click on "Advanced Options" and select same country from the drop-down menu, specify date and select "PRS Risk Guide & Service" to search then click "Apply". Click "Search".
Political Risk Yearbook
- Includes all 100 of Political Risk Services' Country Reports.
- These resources are more heavily-weighted to providing business and economics data and information. Many have individual country reports and analysis.
- Includes country analysis - PESTLE. Type in country name then select "Countries" from drop-down menu beside the magnifying glass. Click the search icon.
- Provides country statistical data. Select a country from the drop down menu under "Country Profile" (found on the right side, under the calendar).
- Includes demographic, economics and marketing statistics for 205 countries. Click on the "Countries & Consumers" tab and select a topic or use the keyword search box (top right corner).