Use the Omni Catalogue to identify books at Laurier
- look at "subjects" at left of search results page to find more terms to search
- limit to Brantford Campus Library to find books in Brantford
Finding scholarly articles
Start with the Omni catalogue
- use the "peer-reviewed journals" link to get scholarly articles
Finding newspaper articles
Start with the Omni Catalogue
- click on "More" at the top of the page and then "Newspapers"
Choose good search terms
- Using keywords effectively (Laurier Library video: 3.29)
Evaluate your sources
- Relevance - Does this information answer my research question?
- Authority - Who wrote this, and who did they cite?
- Date - When was this information created or updated?
- Appearance - Does it look professional/ academic?
- Reason - Was this information created to inform, sell, educate, entertain, or persuade?
(Adapted from guides.lib.uwo.ca/writing/evaluatingresources)
Understanding Plagiarism (Laurier Library video: 4:48)
How to cite in APA style (Laurier Library video: 4:00)
APA formatting and style (from Purdue)
Writing Resources (from Laurier Brantford's Centre for Student Success)
Library support for international students
Please note: The Library is committed to providing programs, events and services that are accessible to all. Please contact us if you require accommodation due to a disability.