- Got your OneCard?
- Your OneCard is your library card. New cards should be automatically registered.
- You will be asked for your networked login when you access Library resources
Need a scholarly book or book chapter?
- start with a narrow focus, then broaden to find more materials. Examples:
- What is the title of the film? Search for this first
- Who is the director? Search for this next
- Note: books about individual films are in a different place from books about directors
- Search for your film movement or books about your country
- use the Primo catalogue to identify books at Laurier, the Universities of Waterloo and Guelph, and the annex
- locate books in the Laurier Library: floor plans
- request books from other library locations: Waterloo, Guelph, the annex
- check the table of contents and index to find the relevant part of the book
Need a scholarly article?
- For scholarly articles search Film and Television Literature Index
- Limit search to "Peer Reviewed"
- To track down articles from a list of references, search for the journal title:
Need help with your thesis statement?
- Improving Your Thesis Statement (video: 5:25)
Need help with citations?
Having problems? Don't hesitate to contact me: email, call (519-884-0710 x3384), drop in, or make an appointment. My office, L3-312, is one floor up from the main floor of the Library on the Waterloo campus. Come up the stairs, then walk straight ahead.