Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Capstone Urban Sustainability Project
Articles - Ontario-specific
- Asaee, S.R. 2015. Techno-economic evaluation of internal combustion engine based cogeneration system retrofits in Canadian houses - A preliminary study. Applied Energy. vol 140: 171-183.
- Bristow, David; Richman, Russell; Kirsh, Adam; et al.2011. Hour-by-Hour Analysis for Increased Accuracy of Greenhouse Gas Emissions for a Low-Energy Condominium Design. Journal of Industrual Ecology. Vol 15(3): 381-393.
- Chow, Annie; Fung, Alan S; Li, Songnian. 2014. GIS Modeling of Solar Neighborhood Potential at a Fine Spatiotemporal Resolution. Buildings. vol 4(2): 195-206.
- Ismailos, Christina. 2017. "Achieving a low carbon housing stock: An analysis of low-rise residential carbon reduction measures for new construction in Ontario." Building and environment. vol:126: 176 -183.
- Ainslie, Kimble. 2016. "Ontario's great leap forward: Premier Wynne's climate change action plan and cap and trade program?" Geopolitics of energy. vol. 38(9): 2-6.
- Mohassel, RR; Fung, A; Mohammadi, F; Raahemifar, K. 2014. A survey on advanced metering infrastructure and its application in smart grids. International journal of electrical power & energy systems.vol:63 pg:473-484.
Articles - General - Net Zero Energy Buildings/Case Studies/Incentives
- Asaee, S. R., Sharafian, A., Herrera, O. E., Blomerus, P., & Mérida, W. (2018). Housing stock in cold-climate countries: Conversion challenges for net zero emission buildings. Applied Energy, 217, 88-100.
- Brambilla, A., Salvalai, G., Imperadori, M., & Sesana, M. M. (2018). Nearly zero energy building renovation: From energy efficiency to environmental efficiency, a pilot case study. Energy and Buildings, 166, 271.
- Collinge, W. O., Rickenbacker, H. J., Landis, A. E., Thiel, C. L., & Bilec, M. M. (2018). Dynamic life cycle assessments of a conventional green building and a net zero energy building: Exploration of static, dynamic, attributional, and consequential electricity grid models. Environmental Science & Technology, 52(19), 11429-11438.
- D'Agostino, D., & Parker, D. (2018). A framework for the cost-optimal design of nearly zero energy buildings (NZEBs) in representative climates across europe. Energy, 149, 814-829.
- D'Agostino, D., & Parker, D. (2018). Data on cost-optimal nearly zero energy buildings (NZEBs) across europe. Data in Brief, 17, 1168-1174.
- Davis, S. J., Lewis, N. S., Shaner, M., Aggarwal, S., Arent, D., Azevedo, I. L., . . . Caldeira, K. (2018). Net-zero emissions energy systems. Science, 360(6396)
- Hamdy, M., Sirén, K., & Attia, S. (2017). Impact of financial assumptions on the cost optimality towards nearly zero energy buildings – A case study. Energy and Buildings, 153, 421.
- Haszeldine, R. S., Flude, S., Johnson, G., & Scott, V. (2018). Negative emissions technologies and carbon capture and storage to achieve the paris agreement commitments. Philosophical Transactions.Series A, Mathematical, Physical, and Engineering Sciences, 376(2119)
- Kandasamy, N. K., Karunagaran, G., Spanos, C., Tseng, K. J., & Soong, B. (2018). Smart lighting system using ANN-IMC for personalized lighting control and daylight harvesting. Building and Environment, 139, 170.
- Karunathilake, H., Hewage, K., Sadiq, R., & Walter Mérida. (2019). Renewable energy selection for net-zero energy communities: Life cycle based decision making under uncertainty. Renewable Energy, 130, 558-573.
- Lopes, R. A., Lima, C., Aelenei, D., João Martins, João, P. G., & Pedro Magalhães. (2018). A case study on the impact of nearly zero-energy buildings on distribution transformer aging. Energy, 157, 669-678.
- Manrique Delgado, B., Cao, S., Hasan, A., & Sirén, K. (2018). Energy and exergy analysis of prosumers in hybrid energy grids. Building Research and Information, 46(6), 668-685.
- Ruparathna, R., Hewage, K., & Sadiq, R. (2017). Rethinking investment planning and optimizing net zero emission buildings. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 19(6), 1711-1724.
- Sameti, M., & Haghighat, F. (2018). Integration of distributed energy storage into net-zero energy district systems: Optimum design and operation. Energy, 153, 575.
- Solomon, A. A., Bogdanov, D., & Breyer, C. (2018). Solar driven net zero emission electricity supply with negligible carbon cost: Israel as a case study for sun belt countries. Energy, 155, 87.
- Tokimatsu, K., McLellan, B., Wachtmeister, H., Nishio, M., Mikael Höök, Yasuoka, R., & Murakami, S. (2018). Energy modeling approach to the global energy-mineral nexus: Exploring metal requirements and the well-below 2 °C target with 100 percent renewable energy. Applied Energy, 225, 1158-1175.
- Yadav, S., Tripathy, M., & Panda, S. K. (2018). Performance of building integrated photovoltaic thermal system with PV module installed at optimum tilt angle and influenced by shadow. Renewable Energy, 127, 11-23.