Scholars Portal is a project of the 21 universities in Ontario to provide integrated search and discovery platforms to facilitate searching, management, and access to scholarly information.
Note: Scholars Portal Search, which provided cross-database searching for Ontario universities, has been discontinued by the vendor. However, all the individual databases, and some groups of databases, are still available. The Library has updated the Subject Guides to show the best starting points for each discipline.
Scholars Portal resources include:
- Scholars Portal Journals: includes the full text of more than 15 million scholarly articles in more than 8,000 academic journals.
- Scholars Portal Books: Click on search full text to find and read more than 40,000 ebooks from the publishers Laurier has access to, including Springer, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Canadian presses and government and non-governmental organizations
- <odesi> is a searchable repository of Canadian social science, Census and polling data, from Statistics Canada, Ipsos Reid and Gallup. http://library.wlu.ca/resource/odesi
- RACER: InterLibrary Loan service
- bibliographic software. Use this to collect, store and organize your citations. This is free software available to the Laurier community.
- Scholars Geoportal
- Dataverse: Dataverse is Wilfrid Laurier University Library's data repository and data management tool. Use Dataverse to collect your data on secure Canadian servers, to preserve it for future use, and to create persistent citations that help other researchers discover your work