Faculty members: submit your readings now for Intersession and Summer Session 2016. When submitting readings, it is a good idea to tag them by week so that the reserve staff are able to prioritize requests and ensure that materials will be ready for your students at the beginning of the term.
Under the terms of the University Premium Licence Agreement between THE CANADIAN COPYRIGHT LICENSING AGENCY (Access Copyright) and Wilfrid Laurier University, effective as of January 1, 2016, Course reserves may include 20% of a published work or 1 complete chapter (up to 25% or less) as long as it is in The Access Copyright Repertoire.
Library staff may also be make available through electronic reserves:
- Material purchased under a license that authorizes linking or posting
- Material that falls within Wilfrid Laurier University’s Fair Dealing Guidelines
- Copyright is owned by the faculty member (course syllabi, reading lists, lecture notes, etc.)
- Material in the public domain or material not protected by copyright
- Owner of copyright has given permission for the materials to be made available through e-reserves-Physical copies of Library-owned materials or personally owned books, cds, dvds, and more
- Paper course packs and more
Why use Ares for requesting materials to be placed on Reserve?
- Ares, integrates with MyLearningSpace. (follow these directions if you have not previously set this up)
- Copyright is checked for you. Staff are trained to follow copyright guidelines and ensure they are followed
- Staff can cross list your readings with another course or clone them from a previous term
- The system will automatically notify students by e-mail (if they have signed up for notifications) when reserve items become available
- An increasing number of readings are available 24/7
- Improved communication between system and instructors. The system notifies instructors when reserve items become available
- Real-time tracking and statistics help faculty see reports of what items have been used during the semester
Need help using Ares?
Would you or your department like a personalized training session? Book early. Call course reserves at ext. 3413 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the faculty training, you will be shown all the new features of Ares, learn how to renew previous course material, learn how to submit new materials and check their status online.