The Ebola outbreak has hit hardest in the Western African countries of Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia where to date more than 10,000 people have been infected. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Ebola has been successfully eliminated in both Nigeria and Senegal, proof that the highly contagious infection can be both contained and eradicated.
A few good reads:
- No time to lose : a life in pursuit of deadly viruses (QR359.72.P56 A3 2012 )
- Ebola war : the nurses of Gulu VIDEO online
- A planet of viruses (QR360 .Z65 )
- Viral fitness : the next SARS and West Nile in the making online e-book
- Rising plague : the global threat from deadly bacteria and our dwindling arsenal to fight them (QR177 .S64 )
Inquiring Minds is an occasional series by liaison librarian Anne Kelly highlighting connections between current and past events and the resources in Laurier's Library.