Users with $30 or more in fines are blocked from borrowing and renewing items. Registrarial services may be withheld for students who owe $30 or more in overdue accounts. All library fines need to be paid directly to the Laurier Library. Payments made at the Business office or online can not be transferred to your library account.
Books and other materials
- Regular circulation materials: $.25 per day; maximum $15 per item.
- Reserve items, one-hour, three-hour loans: $.05 per minute; maximum $100 per item.
- Reserve items, one to three days loans: $20 per day; maximum $100 per item.
- Three-hour loans (non-reserve): $.01 per minute; maximum $5 per item.
- Items recalled by another patron: $1 per day per item; maximum $30 per item.
- The processing fee for each lost item is $35. Replacement costs are determined by the Library.
- InterLibrary Loans (RACER): $1 per day per item; maxiumum $100 per item.
- Items not picked up: $5 each
Appealing Library fines
If Library users feel that the fines or charges levied against them are unjustified, they have the right to appeal.
Paying Library fines
Pay in person
Pay by cash, certified cheque, money order, debit card (minimum $5.00), Visa, MasterCard or American Express at the Circulation Desk
Pay by cash, debit or certified cheque at the Brantford Public Library Circulation Desk.
Social Work campus
Pay by cash or certified cheque at the Circulation Desk.
Pay by phone
Phone your credit card information to 519-884-0710 x3222.
Pay by mail
Make certified cheque or money order payable to "Wilfrid Laurier University Library" and mail to:
Access Services, Library
Wilfrid Laurier University
Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5
Lost book charges
All lost book charges should be paid at the Waterloo campus, the Social Work campus, by phone or mail.
Items more than 60 days overdue are subject to replacement and processing charges. If you return the item before it has been reordered, you will receive a refund. The overdue fine will still be imposed. For more information on fines, see borrowing policies.